As we’ve seen in recent snapshots, most of the features have been added in preparation for Minecraft version 1.7. Here’s a list of the main upcoming features.
- New biomes
Mesa – composed of clay and red sand, geographically mountainous and can have dead forests on top of mountains.
Savanna – has more yellowish grass and specific trees. NPC Villages and horses can b naturally. found in this biome. Like the desert, rain is nonexistent here.
Sunflower Plains – similar to the existing plains biome, sunflowers can be found naturally here.
Roofed Forest – like an ordinary forest biome, except tree density is much higher and large mushrooms can be found. It has its own type of trees with thick trunks.
Birch Forest – like a regular forest, except made entirely of birch trees.
Flower Forest – like a regular forest, but has new flowers.
Taiga – similar to the existing Taiga (now Cold Taiga) biome, but without snow.
Mega Taiga – similar to the Taiga biome, but with thick trunks on trees, a new dirt-like block called Podzol, and grass cannot grow. Moss Stone clumps are scattered around as well as Dead Bushes, Mushrooms and Ferns.
Ice Plains Spikes – spiky…ice plains.
Deep Ocean – similar to the existing Ocean biome, but about 10 blocks deeper.
- Amplified world type.
- Melon patches can be found in Jungle Biomes.
- Plains biomes now have two of the new flower types.
- Extreme Hills now has snow at higher elevations.
- Oceans are smaller.
- Gravel Beaches have made a return. (Back in 2010-2011, they would spawn naturally)
- New achievements.
- New statistics.
- Different types of fish as well as treasure and junk can now be obtained from fishing. Fishing rods can be enchanted to improve luck when fishing.
We’ll post any other findings after the update comes out! The release date is still unknown.